12:21 AM | Posted in

Where did you get the idea for The Tribe?


I had just written my first novel titled "Angel Bane" about the apocalypse. The book clocked in at over 275,000 words and close to a thousand pages; took me a year to write it. After I finished this mammoth tome I was told that no publisher would touch it because of the length of the book and that I should write something much smaller and much less controversial. I sat and tried to come up with something with an “Urban Flavor” to it and then somehow The Tribe was born.


Have you always been interested in the paranormal?



Yes. From the time I was a child I was always interested in stories about the paranormal. The Bible was my favorite book as a child.


Do you write or will you write any other genre other than the one you write?


I may write something with a comedic flair to it, but if I do it will be based 

on true life stories.





Do you like to read anything other than paranormal?

Yes. I am an eclectic reader, but I prefer stories that stimulate my imagination. 


Do you have any other work out there besides The Tribe?


I have written three full novels: Angel Bane (unpublished) The Tribe (published) and The Ides of March (unpublished). 

What are you working on now?


I am working on a story called Afterlife, about an eight year old prodigy who grew up in Germany during the Nazi Occupation and World War Two. 



What do you want your readers to take away when they read your books?


That I have the ability to first tell one hell of a story, and then I Entertain, Inspire and Inform.



Will you continue or do another book on the “Silver Eyes”?

I have a sequel in the works. 



Do you have any signings or appearances scheduled for the near future?


No. Believe it or not I am really a very shy person. I just hide it well. 



Are any of your characters true to life characters?


All of my characters are based on real people; sometimes a combination of people. 



Were you ever abducted by aliens?


The Department of Homeland Security prevents me from going into detail on this question.



If you could be one author who would it be?


A better me, but lacking that, Stephen King. 



What else would you like your readers to know about you? 


I am never afraid to “GO THERE” in my stories.



For More on Mr. Townes, contact him at www.gregorytownes.com or email him at tribe@gregorytownes.com.


Thanks Gregory!
Category:
��

Comments

0 responses to "Q&A with Sci-Fi Writer Gregory Townes"