12:48 PM | Posted in


I had the pleasure of meeting the "crime fighter" in 2006.  Please find below my mini-interview with Mr. Wooden. Also, read the reviews for his two novels on this blog and also at Literary Wonders!


1. It seems that your books are about crime. What gave you the inspiration to write this genre?



- It's my active imagination. Way before I put pen to paper I would have these various storylines in my head and once I did decide to become a writer, my imagination went into overdrive with plot after plot. Plus, my military experience helped as well as family members being in law enforcement.
2. Are any of your books based on true characters?

- No...strictly non-fiction. Some of the names of my characters are people I know that have consented to me using their name and in some cases, their likeness. Elliot Lucas, the FBI Deputy Director, was a very good friend and mentor up until his death.
3. Do you think you'll ever write for another genre?

- Yes, probably the supernatural genre...maybe a collaboration with a friend and fellow author, Gregory Townes. I'm a huge fan of Mr. Townes. He has a talent for the paranormal/supernatural. I don't do relationship books because I know nothing of relationships or the opposite gender (smiling/laughing).
4. Where you ever a detective?

- No, but I have a brother who used to be a detective. Additionally, during my military time, I was fortunate to do several different types of investigations.
5. Although you write crime, which genre do you enjoy reading the most?

- Mystery/Suspense/Crime is my baby!
6. Will you continue the Kenny Carson series?

- Yes!!! I love writing it and more importantly, the readers love the Kenny 'KC" Carson series. It amazes me how everyone has their favorite character and want me to write a spinoff for this character or that character. Plus, there are tons of stories to tell with Kenny and his cast of characters.
7. What are you working on next?

- My next Kenny Carson novel, Parts Are Parts. A supernatural novel, Of Good and Evil. Plus, I am collaborating with several authors on one novel called Hurt So Much, which is a relationship/suspense thriller.

Additionally, I will start soon on the novel with Gregory Townes. And lastly, working on what I call my baby, introducing my next series. This one is about a female rogue CIA officer. The first novel in the series is called Sasha McCoy, Freelancer. I think it's something different and I'm confident readers will gravitate to Sasha.
8. Do you have any signings or appearances scheduled?

- Not presently. I am busy writing, writing and more writing. But I am available for meetings with book clubs via phone, internet, chat rooms, etc.
9. If you could meet one author, who would it be?

- James Patterson...I have an overly active imagination. I can only imagine what type imagination he has.
10. Anything else you want our reading audience to know about you?

- Yes, I want your support! But my books! (Smile) I love writing and I love readers reading enjoying my storylines. I love to hear your comments, so please email me at jwooden61@yahoo.com. You can also see more of Mr. Wooden at http://www.jwooden.com/
Category:
��

Comments

0 responses to "An Interview with Crime Writer John A. Wooden"